Monday, November 10, 2008

growing up

My weekend was fantastic. I took Friday off work and hung out all day with a couple friends. I also saw my father for lunch. I haven't seen him in months. I think he is going slightly crazy. He has always had this notion that he needs to protect himself, all the time. And, I don't mean in a emotional defense. He really likes guns and other various weapons. When I met up with him, he wanted to take me to Don Pablos, which is his favorite place to eat. It's good, I suppose. On our way there, he informed me that he bought me a gift when he was in Florida earlier this year. I was happy and excited that he did so, but I knew, at the same time, that is was going to be something strange. He pulled this ridiculously huge knife from this lunch box where he also carried his revolver [which I didn't know he had with him] and Neil Young & Zeppelin CDs. He gave this to me as a present 'For my protection'. I was kinda freaked out. What am I going to do with a knife that is extremely undescrete and couldn't even fit in my purse? I informed my best friend Jessica that I recieved this weapon, and she made an excellent point. If I were ever in the situation where I would need to use a knife, I would have to be prepared for it to be used against me. I'm not going to carry around a knife worried that I'm going to be attacked. I feel I can handle myself in a sitution without being in a knife fight. It's called mace.


Tonight is going to be uneventful for me. I'm tired. My body is sore. I've had a tummy ache since I woke up. I had a very restless night of sleep last night. I need some Arrested Development, ciggs, my bed, and maybe some kitties to accompany me.

No comments: